Monday, April 25, 2016

Love, Support and Testimonies

Dearest Mother,

Oh how I love getting your emails every week!! I was told again this week of some missionaries making the sacrifice of never once emailing their mothers or immediate families (with the families support) as a bigger sacrifice on their mission, and I am super grateful for these emails that I get. They are the highlight of my weeks:) So thank you for never forgetting to email me, even if it sometimes gets here right when I am on the computer already. ;)

This week has been full of situations that I have found myself in in which I am so thankful for the Spirit and the Lord watching over me every day to help me be in the right place at the right time to help the right people find their way closer to Christ.

For example, a few weeks ago, I told you about a new investigator we had that only speaks Spanish, but that his niece agreed to be a translator for us in our discussions. We met with them again yesterday, and we had a recently returned missionary who served in Chile come with us to help teach in Spanish, since the niece doesn't know the Spanish gospel words. This time though, her husband and his brother were also there sitting in on the lesson. All of them agreed to listen to the message we had about the Book of Mormon, and they all agreed to read and pray about it! The niece said that she hadn't done so already (we challenged her to last time) because she thought that we were like some of the other Christian denominations she has met with before, and thought we might have been giving her something that was a changed Bible. But when we explained to her what the Book of Mormon was, and its importance, and all three of us testified (plus our original Spanish investigator) of its truthfulness, in whatever language we could (Sister Danible and I in English, and everyone else in Spanish). It was one of the coolest things to be a part of because it really showed and testified to me the power of the Spirit because I knew that they didn't really understand what I was saying when I said it in English, but they could tell that I meant what I said, and even they said they could feel the Spirit as we taught them. I'm super excited to see where this goes!

Sorry this is a shorter email, next week will probably be its normal long length again. Oh, also, transfer calls are this Saturday, and transfers are next week. I don't think I or my companion are being transferred, but I wanted to let you know just in case.
Love you all!!

Thank you so much for all the Birthday wishes!!
-Sister Monica Walker


PS Mother's Day is coming up soon!!! Next week I will give you the details (if I'm not being transferred) or when and where I will be skyping home. (both in my time and in your time so there will be no confusion) Continue being the awesome people that I know you all are!! I get to talk to you soon:):):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment